After the old sleeping porch / rear half of master bedroom was removed, the guys moved on to demo the old porch / kitchen. Here, you can see the old, sloped porch floor on which sleepers had been installed to support the subfloor (which a friend put in) and oak flooring, which we installed shortly after we moved in, and tied it to the original oak floors in the rest of the main floor. When we bought the house, the floor in this area was crappy yellow pine running perpendicular to the oak flooring on the rest of the floor, and with a distinct slope to the rear of the house.
Viewing the demolition from the old master bedroom.
At this stage, the entire old porch, including joists, have been removed. New joists that run the entire width of the house will be installed before framing.
This used to be our kitchen and powder room. The kitchen door to the backyard was, quite obviously, between the two stair railings to the right.
This was the rear of the house at the end of January.
The rear of the house at the completion of this phase of demolition. Although none of the lights or recepticals in the house work, our orphaned refrigerator is still running, plugged into a temporary, waterproof electrical panel that replaced the one that was hanging just inside the basement door (and that would have been exposed at this point if it were left there). The refrigerator ultimately will migrate to the basement, answering a higher call than chilling food. This baby will hold kegs for a tap that will be installed in the kitchen wet bar.